Share this video
The first freemasons hall was in 1774, the first stone was laid by grand master petri may the 1st 1775. It was dedicated in 1776. Expanded in 1862-1869. After suffering severe structural damage from a fire in 1883 it was restored and reopened two years later. The library, museum and offices were added in 1900. In 1919 plans were made for a new hall. Construction began in 1927 and it was dedicated in 1933. It was called the Masonic Peace Memorial. It contains a huge impressive grand lodge room in addition to many other lodge rooms.