The Ashlar Company
For the good of the craft...
HAVING A SUCCESSFUL LODGE
INTRODUCTION: One of the most important fact ors contributing to the success of the lodges a well-planned and organized program. Then it takes work-and more work learning and more planning, to make for real success in a lodge. The building of a successful lodge is largely the responsibility of the Worshipful Master. He must not only be an excellent presiding officer, but he must be a spiritual guide for the brethren of his lodge, a go-between when necessary, and an instructor in the ritualistic teachings. He must ever be on the alert for ways and means of stimulating interest in the lodge's program. The master is. directly responsible for the planning and presentation of activities that will inspire and inform the brethren of his lodge and thus assure its growth and development.
A. FIRST STEP IS TO KNOW YOUR BRETHREN:
1. Friendship Group
2. Morality Group
3. Brotherly Love Group
B. SECOND STEP IS THE PREPARATION STAGE:
1. Ritualistic Work
3. MWPHGL Code
4. Increase your Masonic Knowledge and Skills
5. Be Faithful to the Lodge and your Brethren
C. ELECTION: THIRD STEP IS THE PLANNING STAGE:
1. Staff meeting - Secretary and Treasurer
(a) Bank Cards (f) Grand Lodge Reports
(b) Bank Statements (g) Financial Cards and Rituals
(c) Check Book (h) Delinquent Dues
(d) Receipt Book (i) Dropped From the Rolls
(e) Members Ledger Book (j) Death Benefits & Procedures
NOTE: Emphasis is placed on the fact that the Master must "Know His Men" and must not, under any circumstances, place Brethren in positions or on Committees merely because of likes. He must put men in these places of responsibility who have the best qualifications for the position. (Not Popularity)
2. Staff Meeting - Senior and Junior Wardens
(a) Explain your Duty and their Duties
(b) Develop a Communication Channel
(c) Appointment of Officers
(d) Establish Committees and the Chairman for each. Ask These Five Questions:
1. Devotion: Is he devoted to his work and does he genuinely like to do this type?
2. Dependability: All of his capabilities are no good if he cannot be trusted to carry through.
3. Determination: Is he determined to do a good job and not easily discouraged?
4. Diligence: Is he diligent in his performances, by taking advantage of every opportunity for improvement and pushing on?
5. Delightfulness: This is the most important question of all no matter how capable, efficient, or brilliant he is, if he is not a nice person to work with, he will never be a successful leader, "Delightful" has to do with disposition and personality.
3. Staff Meeting - All Officers and all Committees Chairman's
(a) Ritualistic (Opening & Closing Ceremonies)
(b) Duties of Appointed Officers
(c) Duties of Committees
1. Sick and Charity 6. Public Relation
2. Attendance 7. Youth
3. Membership and Expansion 8. Relief
4. Investigation 9. Employment
5. Masonic Education 10. Welcoming
NOTE: The Worshipful Master who is proficient, knows the duties of each officer. He is alert for any evidence of dissension, misunderstanding or lack of interest in the Lodge and he must maintain within the Lodge a spirit of harmony and cooperation, which can only be done through understanding and confidence.
D. ACTIVITIES FOR YEAR-TRESTLE BOARD:
1. Continuing projects of the Lodge
2. Previous Events (Successful or not Successful)
3. This year Pre-scheduled activities
4. Establish Goals (Membership, Scholarship, Charity Projects, Grand Lodge Program)
5. Meet and brief the Past Masters
NOTE: The Master should insist that each officer and chairman be present and if it is absolutely impossible for an officer or chairman to attend, that person should give his reason to the master before the staff meeting. Normally, if the master has told his officers of the necessity for holding staff meeting prior to the regular business meeting of the Lodge, he will encounter very little difficulty in getting them to attend.
E. ORGANIZE AN AGENDA FOR ALL MEETINGS:
1. The prerequisites for a good program are:
(a) Planning, and lots of it, ahead of time (c) Pushancy (Create an interest)
(b) Persistency and Patience (d) Personal Supervision.
2. The best program uses as many members as possible.
3. Present a program to the Lodge only, when every detail has been worked out thoroughly.
SUMMARY: The position of Worshipful Master of a Masonic Lodge is draped with honor, clothed with authority cloaked with responsibilities and adorned with obligations. It pays no wages in the coin of the realm, yet it offers to the worthy a wealth of experience. To the weak it lends strength to the strong it teaches humility to the vain it offers glory and to the faithful an opportunity to serve mankind.
MAY THE PRINCE OF PEACE CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU WITH WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
ArtworkAntiquesApparelEmblemsPinsRingsJewelrySupplyCustom RingsItems On SaleMasonic Military ProductsRing Buyers GuideAbout The FreemasonsGrand LodgesBecoming a FreemasonMasonic EtiquetteLost and FoundMasonic WallpaperFamous FreemasonsMyths about MasonsMasonic RitualsSite Seeing TourSketchley TokensFamous QuotesBlogs By MasonsGift CertificatesCipherVideosArticlesToastsGracesPoetrySongs Encyclopedia Library EducationHome Page
Remember, if you don't see the Ashlar "A", it's not authentic.
By Brothers, For Brothers & always For the good of the craft...
© 2019 The Ashlar Company
DMCA Registration # DMCA-1027882